Monday 28 February 2011

Lomography - My Diana F+ Photos!

It's sadly nearly the end of the two week 'Loblography Challenge', which has been a brilliant little adventure into the unpredictable land of Lomography, accompanied by the delightful Diana F+. I took her on adventures around the more interesting parts of the city centre, which was very happy to pose for me in all of its photogenic glory! Of course, some of my shots came out terribly, and I definitely need to work on my double exposures (so many failed attempts!) but here are a little selection of my favourites from the 2 films that I sent to be developed.
I think having a little bit of experience with the Kodak Colorsnap definitely helped, as I remembered to hold the camera still and to open the aperture a bit more than I'd naturally think to, so that definitely helped a lot! Although I tried to bear in mind the 10 Golden Rules of Lomography (see below), I found myself planning most of my shots - it's really hard not to when you only have 12 shots on a film!
  1. Take your camera everywhere you go.
  2. Use it any time – day and night.
  3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
  4. Try the shot from the hip.
  5. Approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as close as possible.
  6. Don't think.
  7. Be fast.
  8. You don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film.
  9. Afterwards either.
  10. Don't worry about any rules.
 I'd definitely try to 'think less' next time - its just a case of getting used to analogue cameras - and remembering to take the lens cap off, of course! I'd also test out more of the flash colour filters - I was only daring enough to try out a pale yellow one on the strawberry shot, in the hope of getting a vintage glow.
I'll leave you all with a rather ghostly photo of myself sat on a bench. It was supposed to be a double exposure, with a second shot of my boyfriend sat at the other end of the bench, but he seems to have been cut off in an unfortunate case of misaligned frames! Oh no!

Anyway, which is your favourite shot?

Sadie xxx

P.S. Many thanks to Lomography.com for giving me the opportunity to try out the camera!!

23 comments:

Cherry said...

That last shot does look a bit ghostly!

Jess said...

Gorgeous photos! xo

Anonymous said...

These photos are lovely! I've always wanted to try using a lomography camera. I think you might have inspired me x

gabriela said...

I love these photos! It looks brilliant together <3 especially the last one rocks!

Sacha said...

Oooh! I like the ghostly photograph

Bee. said...

These have inspired me to get my Diana camera out the box and give it a go :)

Georgie said...

The one of you on the bench is amazing! I admire your photography skills I'd be awful with anything that isn't just a simple point and shoot!
xx

Holly said...

the first one... for what? is amaaazing

ellio100 said...

these are great, you did a much better job than I ever manage!

northwest is best said...

Great photos, I love lomo cameras. Is it possible to take a bad shot with one? I don't think so.

Rachael said...

lovely snapshots.

Anonymous said...

I love these photos, I'm so tempted to get a Diana mini for my birthday - these photos have helped persuade me! x

Anja said...

love it!

Phara said...

I love the cathedral one, the different colours make it special. You see the same affect with the balloons. Very lovely pictures!
X

olivia grace said...

beautiful pictures, tempted to invest in one myself! xx

Scarlet Owl said...

I'm waiting for the first roll of film from my Diana to be developed and this post has made me even more excited to get them back. Will definitely be trying out some double exposures - I love the last shot.

Panda ♥ said...

hi !

I entered this contest too and have been playing around with the Diana, it's been so much fun! Still waiting for some films though because I had a delay at the start ><.

But I wanted to say, just from seeing your photos, I think you deserve to win. They are just amazing!

Ani

Katie Gilbert said...

wow this is cool. I have some photography friends who would really get into this. Anyways, I like the steeple one, the one with you on the bench however is a close second because of its creative intent.

http://paperround.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos!!! i love the one with the big grouping of balloons it made me giggle.

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

lucy said...

Great post, beautiful photos.

I love how you've emphasised the point of taking your camera everywhere and not being afraid to shoot away whenever and where ever you feel like.

Lomography is such an inexpensive way(in both money and time)to experiment with photography compared to years gone by.

Frances Barrett said...

Hello! I take it from your photos that you're a fellow Birmingham blogger! Do you go to the University of Birmingham by any chance because your bedroom looks uncannily like mine from halls in first year! Lovely lovely blog, keep up the good work! xxx
http://xfranniex.blogspot.com/

Sadie Eggleton said...

Hi, just wondering where and how much did it cost to get your film developed, i have some 120mm film and nowhere can develop it! Thanks, Sadie.

Ali said...

Lovely Photos! I love the last shot!